Upcoming Chapter Event Safety & Regulation on July 9th, hosted online by The Autonomous and POSSER SPIETH WOLFERS & PARTNERS (pswp)
Regulation holds a pivotal role in the automotive industry, especially if we are to realize the vision of safe autonomous mobility.
Together with POSSER SPIETH WOLFERS & PARTNERS (pswp), The Autonomous is organizing a dedicated Chapter Event on Safety & Regulation. International experts and keynote speakers will gather online on July 9th to work towards a Global Reference Solution for safe autonomous mobility.
The following topics will be covered:
- Overview of current standardization and regulation process for automated and autonomous driving, e.g., UN/ECE 79, UN/ECE ALKS Draft, UL 4600, EU Mobility Package, EU Guidelines Exemption Procedure Automated Vehicles, Safety First for Automated Driving (SaFAD), etc.
- What are the core regulatory requirements autonomous driving systems have to meet to be certified as “safe”? A cross-domain perspective to: “What does “safe” mean to autonomous mobility?”
- How can “safety” be measured? What must be defined in (technical) standardization and (legal) regulation? Could regulation concentrate on core concepts leaving the details to technical standardization?
The Chapter Event is structured as follows:
FOCUS I: ATTAINING AND CERTIFYING SAFETY IN AD – REGULATORY PERSPECTIVE
- Regulation as a key to safety – overview of the legal framework, incl. current drafts
- UN/ECE perspective to attain safety in AD by regulation and standardization
- Safety in AD – The U.S. regulatory perspective
FOCUS II: ATTAINING AND CERTIFYING SAFETY IN AD – INDUSTRY AND STANDARDIZATION PERSPECTIVE
- Worldwide regulation approaches from an industrial point of view
- Validation Methods for Automated Driving Systems
- Testing and approval of autonomous vehicles from a Technical Service perspective