The Autonomous and POSSER SPIETH WOLFERS & PARTNERS (pswp) are hosting a Chapter Event on Safety & Regulation. Through in-depth discussions with top industry experts, we will work towards Global Reference Solutions for safe autonomous mobility. The results of this virtual event will be summarized in a report which will be available to all participants.
Thus, we will explore the challenges and approaches for attaining and certifying safety in automated vehicles. Towards this goal, we are gathering regulatory and governmental bodies, OEMs, semiconductor suppliers, technology providers and relevant standardization groups to share know-how and debate on the following topics:
- Overview of current standardization and regulation process for automated and autonomous driving, e.g., UN/ECE 79, UN/ECE ALKS Draft, UL 4600, EU Mobility Package, EU Guidelines Exemption Procedure Automated Vehicles, Safety First for Automated Driving (SaFAD), etc.
- What are the core regulatory requirements autonomous driving systems have to meet to be certified as “safe”? A cross-domain perspective to: “What does “safe” mean to autonomous mobility?”
- How can “safety” be measured? What must be defined in (technical) standardization and (legal) regulation? Could regulation concentrate on core concepts leaving the details to technical standardization?
The Chapter Event agenda is structured as follows:
Focus I: Attaining and Certifying Safety in AD – Regulatory Perspective
- Regulation as a key to safety – overview of the legal framework, incl. current drafts
- UN/ECE perspective to attain safety in AD by regulation and standardization
- Safety in AD – The U.S. regulatory perspective
Focus II: Attaining and Certifying Safety in AD – Industry and Standardization perspective
- Worldwide regulation approaches from an industrial point of view
- Validation Methods for Automated Driving Systems
- Testing and approval of autonomous vehicles from a Technical Service perspective
The Chapter Event “Safety & Regulation” brings together a diverse array of world-class experts in the field:
- Benedikt Wolfers – Partner & Founder of POSSER SPIETH WOLFERS & PARTNERS (pswp)
- Richard Damm – President of the German Federal Motor Transport Authority (Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt) and Chair of the UNECE Working Party on Automated/Autonomous and Connected Vehicles (GRVA)
- Jonathan Morrison – Chief Counsel at U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Armin Graeter – Leader of Division Strategy Autonomous Driving, Driver Assistance at BMW
- Barnaby Simkin – Autonomous Driving Standards, NVIDIA
- Christian Gnandt – VP Automated Driving at TÜV SÜD
By taking a prominent part in this conference, you will shape the future of “Safety & Regulation” in autonomous mobility with us!